Today’s Aquarium Tip Tank tip of the day will help you keep from frying your lights, heaters, and other electric aquarium devices. No matter how much you try to prevent water splashes and overflows, you’re never going to completely prevent them in the years that you have your aquarium. The problem is that water can help conduct electricity and there are several pieces of aquarium equipment plugged in somewhere near the tank. It is possible for that splashed, overflowed, or leaked water to travel down the cord to the plug and create a short, a surge, a fire, and possibly electrocute somebody. In order to prevent this, make sure that all of your power cords have a drip loop. We’ve included a picture of a drip loop below. This way, any water traveling down the cord sits at the bottom of the loop until it either evaporates or drips to a spot under and away from the plug and outlet.
Aquarium Tips of the Day | Use a Drip Loop for the Cables of your Aquarium
By TJ on August 3, 2012 in Filtration, Freshwater, General Updates, Lighting, Maintenance, Marine, Saltwater, Tank Setup, Tips of the Day
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Follow @Aquariumtiptank on Twitter
- Freshwater Aquarium vs Saltwater Aquarium June 20, 2012
- Did I make a bad decision getting a Canister Filter for a Reef Tank? August 2, 2012
- Aquarium Tips of the Day | Cure your Live Rock May 3, 2012
- Aquarium Tips of the Day | No Copper in Reef Tank! May 10, 2012
- Coral Time-Lapse Video May 18, 2012
- Aquarium Tip Tank Podcast 016 | Aquarium Care Tips for a Holiday or Vacation, a Fish, and Some Problems January 30, 2013
- Easy Cleaner Crew Acclimation December 14, 2012
- How To Perform an Aquarium Water Change November 22, 2012
- Aquarium Tip Tank Podcast 015 | The First Fish in My Aquarium November 13, 2012
- Unpacking the AquaC Remora-S Protein Skimmer November 12, 2012
- Albena Hoteluri: 2 Mai Cazare Hey There. I discovered your weblo...
- Jenna: Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog s...
- Home Decorating: Great amazing issues here. I¡¦m very happy to lo...
- speech therapist pictures: I know this if off topic but I'm looking into sta...
- These Stunning Coral Close-Ups Will Make You Feel Groovy, Dude - Okeanos Aquascaping - Beautiful Timelapse Footage of Custom Aquariums: [...] experience in everyday life. So today I thou...
Acclimation Aquairum Filter Aquarium Aquarium Equipment Aquarium Filtration aquarium heater Aquarium Livestock aquarium pump Aquarium Setup aquarium test Aquarium Tips Aquascaping Cleaner Crew Coraline Algae Cycle Cycling Aquarium Diatoms Elite Reef Featured fish Fish Acclimation fish food fish tank fish tank equipment Fish Tank Filter fish tank heater Fish Tank Setup fish tank tips Home Aquarium Marine Aquarium Marine Engineers Nitrogen Cycle Pet Fish Podcast pump Saltwater Saltwater Aquarium Stocking Aquarium test kit Tropical Fish Tropical Fish Tank water circulation pump water conservation water quality water testing
Browse More Content
What People are Saying
"We're loving the #TipoftheDay at @AquariumTipTank, great blog." - @R2FishSchool@R2FishSchool