I thought it would be helpful to create an aquarium resources page that you can always come to for a little more online aquarium help. It is a page that contains links to products and information for all of your pet fish and aquarium needs. This page will also be constantly updated as we find more online resources that may be helpful to the pet fish and home aquarium lover!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to purchase. Again, this is at no additional cost to you. If you do click on an affiliate link, you will be directed to the correct website and if you decide to make a purchase, then we will get a small commission for directing you there. You are more than welcome to look at these resources, search for them online, get to them directly and not click on the links below. If you do that and purchase something, you will pay the same price, but we will not get the small commission for directing you there. The choice is completely yours. Please understand that we have experience with all of these products and companies. We recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make if you decide to purchase something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Aquarium Supplies and Fish Stores:
- That Fish Place: Here is a great online store for aquarium supplies and fish at prices up to 60% off retail. They have all sorts of guarantees for low price, live fish health, etc. They also seem to always have some sort of coupon or deal running.
- Saltwaterfish: A great online store that deals more with fish, corals, and other aquarium livestock. They do offer some aquarium supplies, but focus mostly on stocking your tank! They have great guarantees and sustainability programs!
Specific Products for TJ’s Saltwater Aquarium:
Aquarium LED Lighting:
- Ecoray: Just a link to the Ecoray website so that you can take a look at all of their products and information.
- Ecoray 60D from Amazon: This is the Amazon link for the Ecoray 60D mentioned in Aquarium Tip Tank Podcast 006. It is not the Ecoray 60DX that TJ ended up purchasing, but we figured we’d include the link if you wanted it. Ecoray has an exclusive dealer contract of some sort. Currently, we can’t find their products for purchase anywhere other than Amazon and Ebay. The Ecoray 60DX is brand new since Podcast 006 was released. We can’t find it in Amazon yet. As soon as we find it in Amazon and we find more places to buy the Ecoray LED products we will update this page with links to those resources.
- Excoray 60DX from Ebay: This is where TJ ended up having to go to purchase the Ecoray 60DX. Everything worked great and arrived on time and in great condition! Ebay is a great place to possibly find some of this equipment for a little cheaper than many online retail stores. TJ just has an Amazon Prime membership so it is always nice to get free 2-day shipping when possible. You can compare and contrast the prices and shipping options and decide where you want to purchase your aquarium equipment!
That Fish Place:
- API Nexx Filter from That Fish Place: Here is another great place to get the API Canister Filter. From what we’re seeing while putting this page together right now, it is even a little cheaper here than at Amazon. That’s why we listed it here first. Also, that can always change, and you may have to pay for shipping. Again, check out all of your options!
- API Nexx Extension Filter from That Fish Place: If you have an aquarium tank over 55 gallons and you want to go with the API Nexx External Canister Filtration system, here is where you can get an extension filter for an extra 55 gallon capacity. Add 1 extension to the base unit for up to 110 gallons, and add 2 extensions to the base unit for up to 165 gallons. Again, this extension is currently slightly cheaper at That Fish Place than it is at Amazon. This could all change at any time.
- API Nexx Filter from Amazon: This is where TJ purchased his API Nexx canister filter. All other retailers listed on here do great jobs as well. Again, TJ is just addicted to getting his money’s worth out of his Amazon Prime membership. He enjoys getting his items with free 2-day shipping if they are Amazon Prime eligible products.
- API Nexx Extension Filter from Amazon: If you have an aquarium tank over 55 gallons and you want to go with the API Nexx External Canister Filtration system, here is where you can get an extension filter for an extra 55 gallon capacity. Add 1 extension to the base unit for up to 110 gallons, and add 2 extensions to the base unit for up to 165 gallons.
- API Nexx Bio-Chem Zorb from Amazon: These “zorbs” as API calls them are actually a combination, 4-sided, pouch that incorporates both mechanical filtration and chemical filtration. The mechanical filtration comes from the screen type material that the pouch is made out of, and the chemical filtration comes from the fact that the pouch is filled with activated carbon. These size 4 zorbs are what fit into the API Nexx Aquarium Filter.
- API Nexx Bio-Chem Stars from Amazon: These bio-chem stars are the filter media that go into the top container of the API Nexx Aquarium Filtration system. They provide lots of biological filtration by having lots of surface area for the beneficial bacteria to take residence on.